Saturday, April 7, 2007

Week 4: Summary

This week, I traded at a 2:1 profit-loss ratio. It made quite a difference.

AUD/USD: +-+-
EUR/USD: ++-
GBP/USD: --++

USD/CAD: +-+-
USD/CHF: ++-
USD/JPY: ++-+

I made about the same number of trades as last week. This week, however, I was expecting such a low (compared to the first couple of weeks) number. The QRF finishes Week 4 with a profit of $500.92. Instead of a drawdown, we walk away with a 10% return on investment. I'll take it!

Not bad from a system that doesn't worry about entry and exit signals and relies on more or less random buy and sell decisions. The longer I study things out, the more convinced I become that smart money management is the key to successful trading. Not a certain combination of indicators or a certain method of entry or exit.

No comments: